5 years ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

26 January 2012

5 years

sourdough sandwich and fuji appleDoes everyone have David Bowie firmly in their heads now? Ok then.

Yes! So today is the official 5th anniversary of Ham Pie Sandwiches. TIME FOR CAKE--except I actually didn't make any cake. Instead, gaze in wonder upon my lunch!

I toasted some sourdough bread (baked by the lovely Veronica) with honey mustard, red pepper, cremini mushrooms, green onion, salami (on one of two slices), havarti with dill, and cracked pepper. On the side we have a fuji apple, clearly sliced before I put my sandwich business into the toaster oven, but delicious nonetheless.

I think this is a completely appropriate way to celebrate five years of normal, achievable food, don't you?

2 comments:

eatme_delicious said...

I'd rather have a delicious lunch like that than cake! Congrats on 5 years of blogging, that's really awesome. :)

Eileen said...

Thanks, Ashley! I would also rather have that sandwich than cake, as perhaps you can tell due to the lack of cake in the picture. :)