Guinness: good except when plastered to the ceiling. ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

18 March 2011

Guinness: good except when plastered to the ceiling.

Last night we decided to relax after most of a long, exhausting week by sitting around eating dinner and drinking bottles of Guinness. I had to buy the Guinness warm, since it was St. Patrick's Day, and the cooler had been previously ransacked by people with more foresight. We decided to put them in the freezer, so we'd be able to drink cold beer in a reasonable amount of time.

You can totally see where this is going.

Our first beers were fine, but when I opened my second, I noticed the lack of foam and the encrustation of rime on the inner neck. I immediately went back and took the last bottle out to prevent it from freezing. John was ready for another, so I took out the opener, broke the seal, and was straightaway hit in the face by an explosion of frozen Guinness.

So that's how we ended up spending our evening scrubbing down every surface in our kitchen. The silverware drawer had been open as well. Charming.

I don't have a picture, and for this we should all be thoroughly thankful.

No comments: