I heart cheesy goo: real mac and cheese ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

16 February 2010

I heart cheesy goo: real mac and cheese

I've been feeling low-level crappy for a couple weeks. My taste buds got kind of screwed up, and not a lot of food seemed even a little appetizing. So one day I went out to the store to get a pint of half and half, a bag of flour, and a chunk of sharp cheddar to make the only dinner that sounded even remotely good.

Real actual macaroni and cheese! Here is my method.

Oh man, how awesome is real mac and cheese? I don't know about you guys, but in our house growing up, boxed mac and cheese mixes were considered pretty much an abomination. Real sauce mornay mac and cheese is my heritage, so fortunately it's what I want when I feel terrible and whiny. Of course, then I have to stand up and cook it, but I can deal with that.

And ok, I still don't feel all that great, but at least in the meantime I got to eat this.

No comments: