Not particularly eventful but still good food ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

17 December 2008

Not particularly eventful but still good food

Dinner for me and John before he went to Atlanta:

- The awesome tomato soup, made without rice. I think I pared it down even more and just used butter, onion, tomato, salt, and pepper. Also Jameson's for the alcohol component. Seriously, make this soup. I want it right now.

- Seared tilapia, which you can see stuck to the pan admirably through my use of too little oil, for me.

- Grilled cheese, which is not burnt but actually made of very dark bread, for John.


Another one:

I made ravioli with sauce full of vegetables. When I say "I made ravioli", it actually means "I bought a pack of freezer ravioli for $2.25", at least in this case. I did make the sauce, though: standard marinara with olive oil, garlic, onion, red pepper, jalapeno, basil, oregano, and chopped spinach added right at the end. I liked it fine for comfort food; the ravioli was passable for frozen junk, and the sauce was good.

This week I've eaten at least three meals of pasta fagioli. Oh man. Fagioli is my friend. If there were more fagioli right now I'd probably be frying it into fagioli cakes. That sounds awesome.

Then today at work one of our clients brought in a huge box from La Maison du Chocolat. While this is definitely a plus for the day, I ate too many. Now I feel sick, yet simultaneously hungry. I'm going to look for something soothing to make for dinner.

No comments: